Updated January 2018
100 Surprising Video Marketing Statistics 2018
Are you aware of the recent video marketing statistics?
It’s just mind-blowing!
Video marketing has become a big part of marketing.
During last few years video marketing and video as a format developed on a light speed. Video marketing now takes market shares away from traditional TV and other adjacent marketing channels.
Obviously, it becomes more important with each coming day.
Businesses of all sizes cannot afford to ignore this marketing channel anymore. Consider leveraging this opportunity for the benefit of your business.
Here are 100 most surprising statistics about video marketing to shed more light on it for you.
General (Shocking) Video Marketing Statistics
1. Globally 25% of people watching online video every day. (Click to Tweet)
2. One third of all online activity is spent watching video. (Click to Tweet)
3. 65% of users watch more than 3/4 of a video.
4. YouTube has over a billion users. This is almost a third of all Internet users. On top of that, Youtube is the second largest search engine on the web. (Click to Tweet)
5. Video content uploaded in a single month is more than all three main U.S. TV networks combined have created in 30 years.
6. 400 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube every single minute. (Click to Tweet)
7. YouTube reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
8. 45.5% of all internet users watch at least one online video per month. (Click to Tweet)
9. The average internet user is exposed to an average of 32.2 videos within a month. (Click to Tweet)
10. YouTube users watch more than 6 billion hours of video per month. (Click to Tweet)
11. 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute. (Click to Tweet)
12. 60% by 2 minutes.
13. 4 out of 5 users won’t wait and will click away if video doesn’t load immediately. (Click to Tweet)
14. 87% of internet users in U.S. watches online videos. (Click to Tweet)
15. 80% of views on YouTube are from outside of the U.S.
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
16. Mobile video consumption increases 100% every year. (Click to Tweet)
17. More than 50% of all YouTube views come from mobile devices. (Click to Tweet)
18. The average mobile viewing session on YouTube is more than 40 minutes. (Click to Tweet)
19. Mobile video views grew 6x faster than desktop views in 2015.
20. Only 18% of users watch video through browsers. (Click to Tweet)
21. 48% of mobile users watch video using mobile apps. (Click to Tweet)
22. 62% of mobile users discover videos through YouTube.
23. 33% through social media.
24. 20% search results.
25. And only 14% through advertising.
26. Mobile video budgets are rapidly rising (18% for 2014 – 2015).
26-1. Mobile shoppers are three times (3x) more likely to view a video compared to desktop shoppers.
26-2. Video now accounts for more than 50% of all mobile traffic and will account for 70% of all mobile traffic by 2021.
Video Marketing Statistics for Marketers
27. 60 seconds of video equals to 1.8 million words according to Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey.
28. 80% of users will watch a video and only 20% will read your content in full. (Click to Tweet)
29. Videos tend to increase user’s understanding of product or service by 74%. (Click to Tweet)
30. 90% of internet users consider a video about product or service helpful in making a decision.
31. Videos increase landing page conversions up to 80%. (Click to Tweet)
32. Replacing an image with a video on a landing page increases conversions by 12.62%. (Click to Tweet)
33. Marketers using video grow revenue 49% faster than others. (Click to Tweet)
34. 82% of marketers confirmed that video marketing had a positive impact on their business.
35. 65% of U.S. marketers consider increasing their mobile video ad budgets.
36. Video within an email doubles or triples the Click-Through Rates (CTR). (Click to Tweet)
37. Video makes Email Marketing Campaigns 51% more effective. (Click to Tweet)
38. Video on homepage can boost conversion rates by 20% or even more. (Click to Tweet)
39. Every month an average internet user watches 16 minutes 49 seconds of video ads. (Click to Tweet)
40. 80% of users recall the video ads they have seen in the past 30 days. (Click to Tweet)
41. 26% of users will look for additional information after watching a video ad. (Click to Tweet)
42. 22% of them will visit the link provided or website mentioned in a video ad.
43. And 12% Of users will actually buy the particular product featured in the video ad.
44. The probability of making the online sale is 64% higher when your users watch video(s). (Click to Tweet)
45. 75% of executives at least once a week watch work-related videos on business websites. (Click to Tweet)
46. 65% of them visit the website.
47. And 39% call a vendor after viewing the video.
48. 59% of executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text. (Click to Tweet)
49. 36% of users trust video ads.
50. At least some sort of action is taken by 46% of users after viewing a video ad. (Click to Tweet)
51. 96% of B2B organizations use video to some extent in their marketing campaigns. (Click to Tweet)
52. 73% of them report positive changes in ROI.
53. 25% of consumers lose interest in a company if it doesn’t use videos. (Click to Tweet)
54. 56% of them believe that if a company has a website, it should have also videos.
55. Usually the average internet user spends 88% more time on a site with video. (Click to Tweet)
56. Marketers who use video receive 41% more web traffic from search than others.
57. The average CTR of video ads is 1.84%. This is the highest CRT among all digital ad formats. (Click to Tweet)
58. 52% of marketing professionals globally consider video as the type of content with the best ROI. (Click to Tweet)
59. 64% of consumers prefer visual content over customer service. (Click to Tweet)
60. 25% of shoppers admitted that they’ve used YouTube to search for a video related to a product they’re considering in-store.
61. 62% of consumers are more likely to have a negative perception of a brand that published a poor-quality video experience.
62. 50% of marketers are shifting budgets from TV to digital video. (Click to Tweet)
63. The word “video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19%. (Click to Tweet)
64. Boosts CTR by 65%.
65. And reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
66. 35% of total online ad budget is spend on video ads. (Click to Tweet)
67. Explainer videos boost conversion rates by 20%. (Click to Tweet)
68. 22% of all U.S. small businesses are planning to post a video within next 12 months.
68-1. Video viewers are 1.7 times more likely to buy a product than non-viewers
Video Marketing Statistics and Social Media
69. 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
70. 16% of videos on YouTube are linked, shared, embedded on Tuesdays between 11am and 1pm.
71. 15 seconds or shorter videos are shared 37% more often than those between 30 and 60 seconds. (Click to Tweet)
72. Awesome video ads driving excitement increase purchase intent by 97%.
73. And brand awareness by 139%.
74. The most popular form of online video content among all users is comedy at 39%.
75. The second is news at 33%.
76. Followed by music at 31%.
77. Around 100 million hours of video watched every day on Facebook.
78. Facebook users generate 8 billion video views per day.
79. 90% of Twitter video views are on mobile devices. (Click to Tweet)
80. 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
81. 85% of Facebook video is watched on mute mode.
82. Snapchat users watch 10 billion videos per day.
83. Every month on average 200 million video ads are shown on Instagram.
84. 9 out of 10 Instagram shares happen on Facebook.
Future of Video Marketing
85. It will take over 5,000,000 years to watch every video that crosses global IP networks in a single month in 2020.
86. Internet video to TV grew 50% in 2015. It will continue to grow, increasing 3.6-fold by 2020. (Click to Tweet)
87. 79% of all global consumer web traffic will come from video by 2018. (Click to Tweet)
88. In 2020, video will constitute 23.2% of marketing spend, compared to 17.7% in 2015. (Click to Tweet)
89. Mobile video will increase 11x between 2015 and 2020. (Click to Tweet)
90. By 2020, over 75% of global mobile data traffic will be video content. (Click to Tweet)
91. 7 trillion video clips will be uploaded in 2020 – 2.5 daily video clips for every person. (Click to Tweet)
Additional Statistics On Video Marketing
92. Real estate listings including a video tend to get 403% more inquiries. (Click to Tweet)
93. IPad users tend to watch a video up to 5 minutes long.
94. 42% of videos on UK Newspaper Sites are ads. (Click to Tweet)
95. An average male spent 40.6 hours watching online videos, double the 19.0 hours a female spent watching online videos in the UK.
96. 67% of Millennials can find a YouTube video on everything they want to learn. (Click to Tweet)
97. Vimeo tracks 715 million video views on average per month.
98. Mobile video views exceeded desktop views first time during Q4 2015.
99. 33% of users watch one hour of video every day on their tablets.
100. Video on social media generates 1200% more shares than text and images.
101. In December 2013 188.2 million Americans watched 52.4 billion online videos (content only) in one month.
Are you still asking yourself whether using video marketing channel is a good idea for your business? 😉